Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I thought I would start out my blog with some of my new favorite recipes.  This first one is not the healthiest, but pork loin is pretty low fat, it's got about 300 calories per serving.  The ingredients are super bizarre.   When I first saw this recipe, I was reluctant to try it because of the combination of ingredients, but i had a high rating on allrecipes.com so I gave it a try and loved it.  I served it with mashed potatoes and gravy.  It produces a lot of sauce, so I took some of the sauce and added it to a chicken gravy mix ( I would have used pork if I had one) along with a little corn starch and it turned out REALLY yummy.  At least I thought so.  Give it a try!  It's really simple and I love crock pot recipes for Sunday.



Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork

          • 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
          • 1/3 cup French salad dressing
          • 1 onion, sliced
          • 1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast

          1. In a medium bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce, salad dressing, and onion. Place pork in a slow cooker, and cover with the sauce mixture.
          2. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for 8 hours. Pork is done when the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

1 comment:

  1. Im so enjoying your blog so far! Im looking forward to trying this recipe it sounds really good and I love new crockpot recipes.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete